Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Different Direction

Well, I have been thinking about something. I don't think anybody would argue with me that this world is getting scary! The economy in the crapper and all the scary things happening out there. Then you read the scriptures and that gets me even more scared for my little family! My cute kids are SUCH good kids (most of the time) and I can see Jaden's little testimony blossoming and (thank heavens) Noah follows his example... at least so far. I do know that I am responsible for teaching them the things that they need to know to make it and "be all they can be." That is not a responsibility I take lightly. I think about how I can help them and teach them things every day. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed that all my kids need and I frequently feel like I'm totally failing them. But then I stand up and say all I can do is the best I can do and sometimes my best sucks! Luckily my best is usually pretty good. They are good boys.

Anyway, now I will get back to the subject at hand. The second coming is... coming my friends. I am done with the goals I had set for myself, I am going to erase them and am going to spend my time and energy preparing for the second coming. I figure that's kind of all inclusive. You have to be ready financially, spiritually, and all other ways. Also, I want to help others be ready so ocassionally I will post ideas on how to get ourselves prepared for the second coming of the Savior.

Okay... here goes. I once had a dream about food storage (I know, I have the strangest dreams... last night it was like my brain was throwing up! I dreamed that my best friend from High School was sitting INSIDE a vending machine! I seriously dream in technicolor... it's all very vivid... and EXHAUSTING!) and since then I have been totally obsessed with food storage but because of my POOR planning skills (poor doesn't even begin describe the extend of my planning skills) I have never really had much more than just a few weeks of food storage. I get so proud of myself when buy something to put in my food storage. (Funny story - Once Mike and I were in Provo for a BYU football game and on the way home we were going to stop at a park to meet his family and have a picnic. Before we could do that we needed to stop at the grocery store to pick some stuff for a PICNIC... so stuff like paper plates, plastic forks etc. When we got there we were talking about trying to beef up our food storage and decided to start watching sales and buying things for our food storage that way... well, we got so excited that when we walked into the grocery store... in Provo - We DON'T live in Provo, we live on the other side of the mountain actually- to buy paper plates we ended up walking out with 6 boxes of cake mix because they were on sale! Can we say ADHD??? I get so distracted so easily. We still have a couple of the boxes and that was not last football season but the season before!!! I still have them because I always forget that we bought those so I buy another whenever I need it. I really need more structure to my life.) But I don't have anything documented so I really have no idea what I have... I could tell another story but I won't... I'm such a space cadet! Well, in order to build my food storage I am going to use this plan. Once this plan is completed it there will be enough food for one person to survive for a year. I figure that will keep my family kicking for a few months so I think that's a good place to start! Anyway, I'll keep you all informed on how things are going.

No comments: