Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Book of Mormon FHE

I love FHE I can't even tell you how much I love FHE. It's so exciting to teach my kids something and then they mention something from the lesson about a week later. It is so much more satisfying than teaching primary (which I also love, just not quite as much as FHE) . A few months ago I felt very strongly that we needed to have FHE on the Book of Mormon stories. Things didn't work out so that we were able to start doing it right away because it was Thanksgiving then Christmas so we had special FHE's for those but now that it's boring old January we are trying again! OH MY GOSH!!!! My kids are so stinkin cute!!!! I really don't know how I lived without them, it's like they have always been there... even before they were here and part of my life. (I have some pictures I meant to post today but I can't today. I'll try really hard to remember tomorrow!) Anyway, we did some role play. Noah was Nephi (he was a little grump and didn't want to be the guys that complain... aka Laman and/or Lemuel) Jaden and Jack (Jack just played with the Christmas ornaments we haven't put away yet) were Laman and Lemuel respectively and Mike was Lehi and Laban while I was the narrator, Zoram, and the angel. Noah has this turkey baster that he runs around with all the time and he calls it his sword so that was Laban's sword. It was so fun to see my kiddos with towels on their heads pretending to be these people. I love love love my kids!!!

Next week we are going to talk about Nephi building a boat and color pictures then glue them on construction paper. We have a special place where we hang our FHE art so these will be displayed there and after a week or two they will move to the family scrapbook. I'll try to remember to take pictures! (Here is where I found the pages for the boat coloring activity... it's a pretty long link... http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=6da79f82a6bab010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1)

No comments: