Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's

Okay, I'm fairly confident that nobody reads this blog (it has been since August since my last post!!!) so I thought now would be a good time to start back up. Last year I read a blog (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com) that was about a woman who made a new years resolution to use her crockpot every day for a year. She did, and it was AMAZING! She did such an amazing job and now she is going to write a cookbook that is going to be in stores this fall. (I HIGHLY recommend it.) Anyway, I would like to follow in her footsteps... sorta. I am not ambitous enough to crockpot every day for a year, or even cook every day for a year. But... I am SICK AND TIRED of flaking out on so many things sooo.... i thought this might be a way for me to be accountable. I just have to keep my self pumped up... (I'm going to do it... I'm going to do it... I'm going to do it!!!) Sooo... these are the items that I have determined that I am going to do this year.

1. I SERIOUSLY need to lose about 30 pounds. I know I know... those that know me think I'm crazy but I am bigger than I have ever been (I can't even blame it on having three kiddos because I have slimmed right back down to my former size after all three!!! I just REALLY have a weakness for candy! However, I do think I can blame a desk job.) I am not one for dieting and I don't think it's to the point where I need to go crazy to lose weight so right now I'm starting simply by working out for a total of a total of 3 hours a week (that's about all I can fit in, I'm a busy girl) and so far my muscles are completely SPAZING OUT but I am on target!

2. Pray 2x's a day. Obviously this is going to be quite personal since it's called "Personal" prayer but I have let this drop and I can see the difference in my life.

3. And this is the biggie! I am going to have 100% visiting teaching for the whole year! I know this may not be that big of a deal for most people but for me it's terrifying! I am scared of some people (specifically the people I visit teach! - not that they are terrible people, they are AMAZING but I am not so much... so it's scary for a not so amazing person to go visit people that are so incredible!) and I've been such a flaky Visiting Teacher (that doesn't even describe how horrible of a VT I am.... One girl I was I was visiting pretty consistently while she was pregnant then I - as usual - flaked out and I have not seen her since.... SHE IS NOW PREGNANT AGAIN!!!! AND HAS A 2 YEAR OLD BABY AND HAD A MISCARRIAGE IN THE MEAN TIME!!!! I am that bad of a VT!) it's very embarassing to go now. I am going to repent and then just try again.

4. Read the scriptures 4.5 hours a week... again the best I can fit in right now. I have not been doing a good job with this either and I feel the change since I've stopped.

Okay... there you go. I'm sure nobody even checks this anymore but I think if I can pretend that somebody is out there listening then maybe I'll be a little more accountable. I tend to make grand plans then not follow through (I know... me?!?!?!? Not follow through?!?!?! NEVER!!!!!) but I am really going to do it this time. I really really am going to do it! I just need to get over the hump of the visiting teaching!

2 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I read your blog and wished you wrote more. I have used Crockpot 365 for a couple of meals. Some of them have been super yummy. Others have been too exotic for me to make. Good luck on your goals. I totally think you can do it!!! PS- I love candy too much too!

Stephanie said...

Huh... Thanks Disco! I'll try really hard to write more.