Friday, January 23, 2009

Isaiah... the great brick wall in the Book of Mormon

At least for me...


I am not the brightest star in the sky (not stupid, by any means but sometimes a little dense) and I NEVER get anything out of Isaiah. Truth be told I have not been doing very well at the scripture goal (everything kind of stopped when Jack got sick.. now that he's better I'm trying hard again) but I have reached the Isaiah the chapters in 1st Nephi. Oh man! They are rough... I find myself just reading them to just get through them and call it good... sometimes I skip them. I don't know what to do, this is ALWAYS the point that I lose my gumption and the scriptures just start collecting dust. I REALLY LOVE the stuff after it but the actual Isaiah chapters...


Anyway, I wanted to share this AMAZINGingly brillant idea I read about today... My pantry is a death trap. Always so messy. Then that mess always tends to vomit out all over the kitchen. Can I just say that I LOVE chalkboard chalk? I think it's brillant! A FANTASTIC IDEA! (Sidebar - My sister had the idea of making a list of all her spices and keeping it tapes up to the inside of her spice cabinet because... like the rest of the world... she will keep buying the same spice over and over again because she doesn't think she has it. Then that retched cabinet is just overflowing with duplicates of the SAME STUPID SPICE!!! Well, Jill... this one is for you. instead of using a peice of paper, which will undoubtably get all wrinkly from old age and will get all messy when you write a spice up there then it's gone and you have to scribble it out, cover the inside of your cupboard with chalkboard paint and keep a single piece of chalk handy. That way, when you use a spice, you simply erase it. when you buy a new spice just add it to the bottom. I know I know... I'm brillant... now back to the pantry) Using an old Ruler paint it with chalkboard paint and hang it in your closet. I don't think I'm doing this brillant idea justice. Here is a picture...
Now do you understand the brillance. For the story behind this glorious creation go to this website... http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jill said...

Steph -- Oh my gosh what a brilliant idea!!!!! You amaze me. Since you said that you would help me paint my house... could we add that to the list of things we could paint. No good thought goes unpunished. I think that's how that saying goes. Anyway, YOUR BRILLIANT!!!

I'm honored that you mentioned me in your blog.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

If only I had a REAL Pantry!!!!! I did the spice thing in alphabetical order and it has saved me so many times. I just add any new spices to the bottom. Now that it has been two years,
i should probably type it over adding the new items!
i love your borrowed and recreated ideas.
PS - I have the same problem with
isiah