Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Day

I said that I was going to dedicate this blog to being prepared for the second coming... well, this entry does that, in a round about way... We have been really having a hard time the last few weeks.. just life, kids sick, jobs are stressful, and a constant need to do the laundry and dishes!!! Nothing too much to worry about (it would be nice to be included in prayers... if you think about it. Man! I had an awesome experience the other day with prayer... another time though) just the difficulties of life getting to us. \Well, because of the discouragement that seems to be sweeping through my house like poison lately I have felt inspired to express to my husband how much I love him. You can tell somebody something a hundred times and it's still the same thing over and over, just words. I have been trying to serve him by doing little things... not whining as much when he has to go to a Jazz game for his work... ahem... and when he has church stuff to do.


On top of doing that stuff I have decided that I am going to do an extra special thing for Valentine's day next week! Every day he's going to get a little treat from a "Secret Admirer!" I wonder if he will tell me about it if I say it's from a secret admirer... hmm... that is going to be an interesting experiment (I'm NOT setting him up... it will just be interesting...) I bet he'll tell me about it. We don't normally celebrate Valentine's Day because it's just such a cheesy holiday and we usually just end up in an argument! Once we even celebrated in August (6 months later) so we could avoid the crowds... we just aren't big on Valentine's day... that's changing this year! Anyway, here are my brillant ideas...


Day 1: Use the following website to send him a braille message via email from a secret admirer.

Day 2: Money for my Honey... Check out this website.

Day 3: New Shirt and Tie with a note that says "We are a perfect fit!"

Day 4: Poster Board telling him how much I love him with candy bars. (You know, "Don't 'Snicker' but I think you are a 'Mr. Goodbar.'" Kind of thing)

Day 5: A small Scrapbook that is just pictures of us and has reasons that I love him in it. Check out this website.

Day 6 or 7: I'm just not sure what order I'm going to do these things in yet but I am going to make him a hanging paper heart and fill it with candy for him to wake up to. (I'm going to do this for my whole family)


Then the other one I'm going to do will be making heart shaped cinnamon rolls and taking them to his work.
FUN huh?!?!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Steph--- throw out all that "cheesey" stuff. Just show up naked.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I just might have to borrow some of your ideas! they are really cute. The braille message sounds very fun! I will have to do something special because it is his birthday too!